Saturday 1 August 2009

My first LOs of the month for Scrap It Sassy! I chose the Featherly Love kit by Foxysdesigns, as I wanted to use some of my photos taken at Walmer Castle yesterday! The kit can be found here... https://scrapitsassy.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=3871&zenid=e19aef906eb640153d1234feb280d32e .

It is a truely gorgeous kit, with some wonderful b/gs in. A couple are so beautiful, I really wanted to use them, but found myself too worried about doing them justice, and not wanting to cover up too much of them, lol, so I've saved them for another day when I'm feeling 100%!!

(I started a sore throat last night and this morning had aching shoulders, bit of a funny tummy, glands throbbing a bit - I'd all but convinced myself I'd got swine flu, lol! I've had a quiet day on the pooter though and am feeling almost back to normal, so guess I won't be needing the Tamiflu just yet!!)

This is one of a series of photos that are my faves from the 100s I took yesterday! The colours of the flowers, and the butterflies...just beautiful!

These flowers were tucked in behind a hedge at the very back of a section of garden. have no idea what they are, but the butterflies and hornets seemed to like them!! I had such a relaxing half hour just walking through the gardens taking all my photos - I love it there!


This LO I'm not very confident about, but I tried some new stuff...using a swirly line and tucking the photo in, duplicating the layer with text on, trimming to size and reducing opacity to just make an 'echo' of the words, and using one of my fave fonts...The King & Queen!! It's not always an easy font to use as it has quite a bit of 'fuss' around the edges, esp. on capitals, but I love it and it worked well here!!
All in all a fabby kit to work with, and there's loads left to play with yet!! As always, I appreciate the opportunity to use these wonderful kits!
Family News: Andy took Evie and her friend Emily to Wildwood today - I thought they'd be abck in a couple of hours as it's SO large there for Evie that she tires quickly. But no, they got back about 5.30pm!! They had a great time by all accounts, and Evie went to bed happy - and looking forward to her riding lesson tomorrow! Especially as her Great Auntie Marion is down from her Convent in Birmingham and is coming to watch!!
Antoinette has been at the stables all day today. She's making the most of Molly before she leaves! And with all the rain we're having at night, and Molly being put out in the field, there's a LOT of grooming to be done on her when she's brought in of a morning, lol!! Antoinette's working hard at the stables and is always willing to help out in a lesson with leading younger riders. She's so knowledgable and responsible when she's there, it really makes me happy to see and very proud!
She took her Bronze levels 1,2 & 3 last week ad passed them all of course (there'd have been something seriously wrong if she hadn't, lol!). These tests run alongside the 'felts' - for that Antoinette's in training for taking her C test next year. She has to do 2 camps for that next year in April and August, and will accomplish galloping! Yay! Can't wait to see her go that fast!!!
Now I'm going to finish the uploading and get off the pooter for today - 10-11 hours is enough for one day I think!!
Bernie x

No comments:

Post a Comment