Friday 7 August 2009

Brushes...who'd have thought?!!

This is what I made after taking lesson 5 of the Jessica Sprague Brushabilities class! We used pse custom shapes along with eraser brushes (again, who'd have thought?!!! Such clever stuff!!) to make a mask for our photos! I loved this effect, so decided to use this photo on a LO this afternoon, just for the fun of it!


This is what I came up with! It's taken ages but I think it's worth it! It's exactly what I had in my head! The end result doesn't give any indication of how much brushing, chalking, & erasing has gone on, lol, but I guess that's a good thing! What spurred me on (apart from having a beautiful new creation thanks to JS!) was the Scrap Like You Mean It challenge on UKScrappers - the challenge was to write in white! This wouldn't be a natural choice on a white LO, lol, but I didn't want my title to detract from the overall feel of the LO, so it actually worked really well using white!!
Off to upload at UKS now and then choose my next kit from SIS! It suddenly dawned on me last night, that the QPs I made (which are going to be bundled up with the CT members' QPs and SOLD in the shop - yes, SOLD!!!) are potentially going to be used by someone, somewhere, anywhere in the world!!! I could go to a gallery and see one of my QPs looking at me!!! Wow! What a thought!
Anyway, back to the job in hand...
Bernie x

No comments:

Post a Comment