Tuesday 4 August 2009

Here's my LO for the Scrap Like You Mean It challenge this week. The challenge was to scrap something old, new, borrowed and/or blue. I managed old (the castle, and the fact it's an old fave of ours to visit now!), new (this year's crop of beautiful flowers at the castle!) and blue (we were lucky enough to have lovely blue skies and sunshine when we visited!). I'm so pleased to have got one of these challenges done, as have missed a few lately!

I had a lovely day out today! My aunt and scrapping friend, Paulette, and I all went up to Pickleberry Crafts nr Faversham. It's a great shop with loads of lovely stash to rummage through (gorgeous little baskets with treasures in to find!!). I got some fabby pps that I've not seen before (not surprising as I've not paper scrapped much at all since January!!)...suitably grungy of course! Some lovely felt flowers, velvetty flowers, 3x glittery stickles, shaped pps (bracket and circle scallop), chipboard alpha in a LARGE size! Plus various letter stickers/monograms! Kate was lovely and made us coffees as soon as we arrived, making us feel very welcome! Then Jane (Dean) arrived and we had a lovely chat! It was lovely to meet you at last Jane!! (Jane and I have one big thing in common...we both fancy the pants off Martin Shaw, lol!!) Jane showed us her new studio - OMW! It's fabby! All light and airy and peaceful, with everything within arm's reach of the workspace - I'm not at ALL jealous...much!!!!



Came back and had a couple of hours on the pooter catching up with things and doing lesson 2 of my Jessica Sprague BrushAbilities course. Can't say I learned anything new about brushes today, but I did learn little things by-the-by, so it's great to have these tiny light bulb moments as a bonus to the class! Plus loadsa free stash in the form of brushes!! I did have a play with today's lesson though and created my own little quote page just for the fun of it, as I did like Jessica's quote but wanted to do something different! I even managed to use one of the free textures we were given in the photo editing course the other week!

So, that's my day! We finished up with dinner at the Fayreness pub right on the cliff top at Palm Bay, which was nice, although my food didn't come up to my expectations, but everyone else was happy! The wasps made a bit of a pest of themselves though!! It was just nice to see mum up and about again though - she's so much better today!

Now it's time for Holby City before bed!

Bernie x

No comments:

Post a Comment