Monday 3 August 2009

My first LOs of the month for Bits N Bobs, using the Summer Spritzer kit available at Exquisite Scraps here... http://exquisitescraps.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_reviews_write&cPath=8_150&products_id=2247&number_of_uploads=0 .A really bright and cheerful kit, with a real summery feel! Perfect for more of my Walmer Castle photos (I'm still obsessed with the flowers!!), but also for an older photo that I loved but had never found the right stash, paper or digi, to scrap it with!

These flowers were my faves at the Castle, and the sheer number of butterflies on them was amazing! I stood for about 20 mins jut watching and taking photos! It's in quite a quiet part of the Castle gardens, so I wasn't interrupted, and so completely switched off, relaxed and enjoyed the scene and the photography! Simple pleasures for me, and for the butterflies enjoying the nectar!

This is the older photo that I've not been able to scrap for some reason until now! As seems to be usual, I've played about with different elements of the kit and love this LO!!
As always, thanks for the chance to play Julie!
Family News: The girls both did really well in the riding lessons yesterday! Evie has her first Pony Club test coming up in 2 weeks, but is perfectly capable of doing everything she needs to do! Antoinette rode a pony - yes! a pony! - that she's only ridden once before in her 4 years at Nelson Park - and did really well! It must have felt so different to anything she's ridden recently - mainly because he's half the size of anything she's ridden recently, lol!!! They did jumps in her lesson and Antoinette went over them beautifully (after a touch of initial reluctance!!).
The bad news is that mum has swine flu. Well, technically suspected swine flu as she's not been tested, but she has all the symptoms and has been given the Tamiflu. Saw her yesterday evening and she looked really rough, but, as ever with mum, is trying to fight it and pretend she's not really that ill! We've cancelled all footcare appts. for the week, obviously, and will rebook them when we see how long this thing is going to affect her for. Antoinette and I have had sore throats and been a bit off colour, but not ill...just not right IYKWIM...so we're hoping that's not going to develop.
Must get moving...my new Jessica Sprague class starts today and I'd love to have time to do it! It's all about using and making Brushes, so I'm really looking forward to that as brushes are FAB!!!! No doubt the results will appear on here!
Bernie x



2 comments:

  1. These are lovely Bernie, I've still not been able to get into the digi side of things :-(
    There is a little something for you over on my blog :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bernie

    Lovin the Layouts, hope you mum is ok, and have fun with the new classes, I hope to do some later this year when I have enough funds :)

    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete