Monday 13 July 2009



Yet another LO with Evie grinning away, lol!! I shall have to try harder to get a photo of her in a strop!! There were so many lovely bits in this kit that I sat and tried to keep adding them into this LO, but it just wasn't right...it needed to be kept simple, so I caved and left it as is!! The lovely muic b/g was just right for this incident that I wanted to record! DD2 had made her teacher laugh so much last week that she got a merit certificate for it! She managed to sing 'Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer' for a whole afternoon!!! Mad child!

As usual the kit I've had from Scrap It Sassy is wonderful, very generous and versatile. It's actually made me want to get DH to take a photo of me at the organ at Church (where I play for the 9.30am Family Mass) so I can document that part of my life for future generations!

Hopefully my children and their children will carry on the musical tradition of our family. In a couple more generations' time, they may wonder who used to be musical, much as we're wondering now who was the horse lover in past generations, lol, as it's not something my sister and I or my parents ever did, nor my DH's family!

I've had a very weird morning today. Left the house and found a little boy, prob. about 2 years old, naked from the waist down and in a massive pair of trainers (obviously dad's!!) in the road just outside my house! I didn't recognise him, and there was nobody around! Thankfully he was able to walk me up the street to his house. Rang the bell and knocked, but no answer, so went in as the door was open. Shouted really loud to see if there was anyone there. By this stage I'm imagining mum on the floor having a fit or dead or something, lol, but thankfully she called down from upstairs! Came down, and it seems the little one has learned how to open the front door on his own, and mum had been upstairs getting ready for work. So all's well that ends well, but it must have given her a bit of a fright, as it certainly had my heart beating faster!!

Then on the way home from dropping Evie at school, I saw a magpie attacking a sparrow in the middle of the road - very strange and not something I've seen before!

Yesterday Antoinette was grooming Molly as she was covered in mud from having been out in the field all night. She noticed red mud on her lower leg, so realised it must be blood. She went and got help from the office, as Molly really didn't want her leg cleaned up! Poor Molly has a scratch/cut on her knee. It didn't look particularly deep, and the stable owner's DD cleaned it up and treated it. Molly's not actually lame with it thankfully, so had her lesson at 4pm, then Antoinette rode her just for a short time at 5pm - just a gentle walk and trot to practise her dressage. We took her down and I was very brave and took off her head collar, lol. While Antoinette was putting all the tack away, Molly was nuzzling at the cut, and pawing at the ground, as if trying to tell me it was bothering her - so sad when there's nothing you can do! We put her in the field and we're going up after school today to see how she is. Hopefully, she's young and healthy and it will be healing well. Texted Pat, Molly'd owner just to let her know in case the stables hadn't (as they're not always the most organised, lol) and she's going up today to see her.

Antoinette's booked in for the next dressage comp. on 27th July and the next beach hack on 24th July, and Molly leaves our stables definitely on 13th August. I expect we'll have to go up to wave her off, but there will be tears!

Right! Off to find my SIS group in Yahoo now!

Bernie x

No comments:

Post a Comment