Friday 10 July 2009

For this lesson (5) we were told to use a black and white photo. But I wanted to have a go with a colour photo to see what happened! Well, here's the end result, and I love it! To me, it looks like it could be an old photo or even postcard...DD1 has just come in from Guides and loves it too! I had to play with the opacity of one of the textures as it made the horse look too orange! I also created a new adjustment layer of the original colour photo and desaturated it a bit to get the intense colour of the hi-vis jacket down a bit! It made such a difference! Am DEF gonna have to use this
technique on other colour photos!!
This class is fantastic! It's opening up more of the digi world to me,and I'm going to be able to use these techniques on photos for my digi scrapping, and get so many more different effects from the CT kits!
Off to watch Criminal Minds now - we always watch it together once Antionette is back from Guides as we wouldn't want her seeing any of it! I'm sure it wouldn't freak her as she's quite mature, but I just don't want those kind of ideas in her head!!!
Think I need a mug of hot milk or something, I'm absolutely buzzing from creating this photo effect! LOL! Easily pleased!!
Bernie x

Lesson 5 - adding textures. 3 textures were used. Although I love the effect, I'm not sure this combination were the best for this photo...personally I just don't like the 'lines' down the face! So, I need to have a play with all the other textures we were given to find out which I like best!

No comments:

Post a Comment