Friday 17 July 2009



Here's my effort for Day 10's lesson with Jessica Sprague! The only thing new to me here was making a mask - haven't done that before, and it's great to have that knowledge! Am all inspired now to try creating some lovely swirly ones!!

I still can't make the technique from Day 9, edge burning, look particulary dramatic on my photos! A lot of peeps on UKS seem to be saying the same thing!! So on this photo, after I'd done the basic edge burning technique, I went in and upped the greyscale level, quite a lot, lol, and then reduced the opacity a bit so the edges of the lightened area weren't so obvious. This suits my taste a bit better (never one to be subtle, me, lol!!). Maybe with a different photo it would be better, but as I'm short on time this morning this will have to do! Had hoped to get classes 11 and 12 done before I go out, but that's not going to happen now!!

Still, great fun and definitely knowledge I will use in the future!

Last day at school today for both the girls. Antoinette finishes at 1pm and Evie at 2pm, so for a change I can pick up Antoinette first and she can come and say hello to some of her old teachers at St. Gregory's! So mum, dad and I are off to Ramsgate in a little while for a spot of clothes shopping, hayfever pills, lunch and then collect Antoinette!

Bernie x

No comments:

Post a Comment