Tuesday 24 August 2010

The Sunday Creative - Orient



This word prompt threw me completely, as I'm really not into the oriental type kits, LOL, but then I started to think of it as a verb, and that helped a LOT!!!! Found this lovely quote, so went with that. This is one of my photos from today. We went to a new-to-us beach about 45 mins away, and I took hundreds of photos! This was a tiny part of one pic, but thanks to my lovely new SLR, I was able to take a little piece of photo and blow it up to make a whole page! I then played with some yummy textures from Kim Klassen (to which I am totally addicted now, LOL!) and had a good old play. Kim also put up a videocast for us today, which was inspirational! So I played some new ways too, and this is what i came up with! (have to say, have you tried the watercolour filter in PSE?! It's fantastic and makes a really really good representation of watercolour!!). Think I shall have to go back to a normal photo-page next week, or the balance of the book will be off!! Just for a little while, LOL!!
TFL!
bernie x

Credits: Textures by Kim Klassen (24th August Offer #12 textures - think I almost used all 4 of them!!!!!).

4 comments:

  1. bernie this is so lovely!! thank you for sharing it with me!!

    xxo, kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. very pretty, and goes well with the prompt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! Kim textures are the best

    ReplyDelete