Friday 25 September 2009

What a day!

I can't believe how today has panned out!!
I was on my way to school with Evie when Antoinette rang and asked me to take her French homework over to her school this morning (she gets a detention if h/work isn't handed in on time!). Luckily we were in good time, so popped back home to get it, and then carried on to Evie's school. Stayed for Assembly - well, part of it! Usually it is mostly finished by 9.45am, but today it started late, and there was more talking than usual, so when we had to leave at 9.45am, a lot of the certificates hadn't been handed out.
Drove over to Ramsgate and delivered the homework...then it was staright back to mum's to pick up the footcare stuff and off to our first appointment! We had another after that, then back to mum's where I had 15 mins to wolf down a sarnie and cuppa before going off to the Requiem Mass for Jo Rabbett. Jo and her family have been part of our Parish for ever, and it's still hard to believe that she's not going to be there each week any more! She was only 67, so it's a real loss. Andy & I have watched her kids grow up and then have kids of their own and they were a credit to Jo and Jimmy today!
Anyways, I was playing the organ, so it was all a bit stressful - I haven't quite mastered the art of keeping a dry eye so I can actually see the music when required, LOL! Thankfully they chose hymns I knew really well anyway, so a bit of autopilot was needed!
It took quite a long time, and then it was back to drop mum off and have a quick cuppa and then straight on to school for Evie! Thankfully Andy collected Antoinette today so we came straight home, and when the ice-cream van was outside our house when we arrived, I caved and had a sherbert one for me and a bubblegum one for Evie!!
By this time I'd got a stonking headache, so have had a quick power nap before Antoinette and Andy coming back brought me to!!

I've just come on to check my emails, and found a fantastic one from Lauren of Rustic Charm Creations! I LOVE her stuff and had applied to be on her CT as soon as I saw her call!!! She's accepted me, so I'm really pleased, and it's cheered me up so much after quite a busy, rushed, stressful day!!! Thank you Lauren!! Check out her kits over at Scrap It Sassy - they're wonderful!!

Now Antoinette is cooking dinner for us all, Evie has shared some of her Friday Treat - double chocolate chip cookie - with me, and Andy has made me a cuppa, so I'm feeling a lot better than I was!!!

Best go finish checking those emails - lauren's was the first one I saw so forgot about the rest in the excitement!!!!

Bernie x

No comments:

Post a Comment