Sunday 6 September 2009

CT LOs for Scrap It Sassy - Vintage Memories kit - Designs by Denise








Here's the link to this beautiful kit https://scrapitsassy.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=20_144&products_id=5840&zenid=3d89fad0e857faca89d93ce85c5b5387 . The whole kit is just full of beautiful stash, and is very easy to scrap with! Gorgeous shades of green and blue and that grungy grey colour in the top LO here - scrummy! The elements are beautifully done - check out the swirls - just perfect!

Whilst using the swirls on the first LO I created, Mother and Daughter, I was pleased to find I remembered a tip actually given to someone else over at DSP (Digital Scrapbook Place) when I was taking part in their New Kid On The Block comp. That is, if you want to use an element to look like a rub-on would IRL, and you want it to cover 2 or more layers of paper, think about what happens IRL. You get that tiny little gap along the edge of the layer where the small difference in height just breaks the rub-on. So! I erased a tiny little line along the edge of each layer my 'rub-on' was to cover, and am really pleased with how realistic it looks! It's also nice to know I have a memory still!!!!

The top LO is a rare photo of Antoinette with her dad! It's not rare that they're together, just that she allowed us to get a photo of her, LOL!! I played with the photo a lot to get that particular tone and texture to it! The Jane Austen font was perfect!

I had such a great time creating these LOs - thanks to Denise and SIS!

Family News: Antoinette went to the stables again yesterday and spent another day working hard there! She really has got a great work ethic up there!!!! Had to LOL there though, as 2 other mums were saying how their daughters would work so hard at the stables but ask them to do anything at home and it is moan moan moan!!! We all sympathised with each other and consoled ourselves with the thought that they need to be able to be themselves at home, so we're allowing them to do that!!!!

Evie returned her 6 books to Ramsgate Library, and brought home 6 more! She's really loving reading, and bringing down a bookcase from upstairs (where they have all been living since we redecorated the living room!) was a good move. She has her own shelves and keeps them nicely stocked and all in order!!!
I awoke at an odd 5am this morning for some reason, hence the unusual time of my post!! My brain was instantly awake, and there was no getting back to sleep, so I was up before 6, and then remembered I needed to upload these LOs, so am making good use of the time! Today is stables day really so won't get much chance for any digi scrapping today. It's the first week back playing the organ at Church - hopefully the nerves won't be too bad! First weeks back are always a bit stressy! I spent a couple of hours trying to find some nice music to play during Communion, on the net, but couldn't find anythng, and then with having to download scorch to see scores, then needing to restart the pooter, it all got too hard, LOL! I do worry about the poor people listening when I keep playing the same pieces every few weeks!!!

Right! Best off, as need to get the U/L done, wash my hair, and choose some Communion music!!! All the fresh air at the stables wears me out, so do't expect to be back this evening!
Bernie x


1 comment: