Wednesday 2 September 2009

A bit of news

Well, what a couple of days!

I was too upset to blog on Sunday evening or Monday morning...it was the end of summer presentation at the stables - everyone who had earned a badge/cert/taken a test over the holidays is presented with it at the end of summer party. So of course, Antoinette was looking forward to getting 2 Bronze award certs and her BHS Level 1 cert. and Evie was really excited about being presented with her E Test cert and felt. Well, the Bronze award certs came and went with Antoinette not called up. She WAS called for her BHS certs, but then Evie stood and waited...and waited...all these other children going up, but she wasn't called. I was SO cross, as she must be the youngest child there who turned up for the party and had earned an award, and she was forgotten by them!
I went and asked the staff member who gives out all the certs with the owner, and she said she had Antoinette's Bronzes there, but didn't then proceed to present them! When I mentioned Evie's E Test she just looked horrified, so it was obvious she'd forgotten her.
Evie went over at the end of the presentation and was just ignored!
I went out and found her crying in the car - it was her big moment in front of all the parents and other kids and she'd been forgotten! Andy chased around after the staff member and she eventually came over to the car and gave Evie her cert and felt, so she did cheer up, but it wasn't the same.
Antoinette was also given her certs separately.
One would have been bad enough but both to be forgotten! Grrrrr!

Then I opened my emails and the first one looking at me was this...

Our Lord has many weak children in his family, many dull pupils in his school, many raw soldiers in his army, many lame sheep in his flock. Yet he bears with them all, and casts none away. Happy is that Christian who has learned to do likewise with his brethren.

J. C. Ryle


...so I thought I should try a bit harder to get over this upset!!

Then I saw another email saying I've been accepted at Guest CT for Sept. and Oct. for Mireille Keller! Her kits are lovely, so I'm looking forward to starting there!

I won the $10 coupon from SIS for using 10 kits in August, and I won Rustic Charm's latest kit for free for entering her scraplift challenge on the SIS forum! Plus as I won it last month too, I have a coupon for 60% off her stuff , so am all set to go on a mammoth shopping spree as soon as I get the time!!

For now though I have to rush to go school uniform shopping with DD1 right now!! (She's waiting for me for a change, lol!) and then brunch with Margie and Megan!

This afternoon I hope to start my Learn Something New Every Day mini-album (a Shimelle class) and do the first pages.

The shingles is still there and itching and prickling but no real pain as yet.

Back later! Hopefully!

Bernie x

No comments:

Post a Comment