Tuesday 5 May 2009


Well, here is my latest LO. It was created for the New Kid on the Block contest over at Digital Scrapbook Place. It's open to all who are new to digi scrapping. The idea is you are given some freebies to create a LO with, which you then upload to their gallery. Then more experienced digi scrappers (and your fellow New Kids!) offer words of encouragement and constructive criticism. You then rework the LO as you see fit, using as many or few of the suggestions made as you're comfortable with. Then that LO is commented on. If you're lucky your initial LO won't need many tweaks to reach perfection (!). Mine needed about 6!!


Now I have a LO I love and have even learned some new techniques in PSE5 to boot!

I chose to use this photo as I was so pleased with it. I took it with the little compact Canon A470 camera we've bought for our eldest daughter, Antoinette, who's going away to France with the school in a couple of weeks. It has a great macro on it, as you can see, and even has face recognition for up to 9 faces! My far more expensive Fuji hasn't got that!! The new camera was even in a sale so we got it for just £50 - what a bargain! It's going to be my new handbag camera once Antoinette returns from her travels!!!


The LO is called Unseen Beauty because life has been so hectic here recently that I failed to pay any attention to the gorgeous lilies I was given by the nice Sainsbury's delivery man (for not having one item of my internet shopping!!) until one morning their smell just hit me. Usually I'd have been taking photos from all angles as soon as they came out! So it gave me a bit of a jolt to try and slow things down a bit here and pay more attention to the beautiful things all around me!


The kit used (and recoloured a LOT!) is the Welcome Kit from DSP by the DSP Designers. The font is Rough n Ready by Emma Powell at DSP and the Alpha is IcyAlpha by Laura Bavin at DSP.


That's it for tonight as I've had a hard afternoon paper scrapping with a friend, lol!

Bernie x

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous photo. You're brave to put a LO up for discussion!

    ReplyDelete