Saturday 9 May 2009


OK, here is my 3rd version of this LO! The experienced ladies at DSP who left me constructive criticism didn't find too much needing adjustment, which I was quite surprised at, as I don't usually do LOs filled with so much embellishment! I'm pleased though as I'd like to do more like this, and to know I'm on the right track is great!
So, I've added a photo mat which has a stroke round the outside, as does the photo now. And as the shadows on the rotated frame were out of whack with those of the rest of the elements, I changed the lighting angle so that the lighting matches that of the photo - ie instead of being lit from the top left with shadows bottom right, it's all now lit from the bottom right and shadows are to top, like in the photo!
I quite liked the blue butterflies, but had thought myself they did jump out a tad. Someone suggested getting rid of them but I couldn't, so I changed their colour to tone in with the rest of the LO so they're less eye-catching!
Think this could be close to my final version of this LO, which is VERY pleasing - Round 1 had 6 versions!!!
Other news is that Antoinette rode exceedingly well in her lesson today. The horse she was riding is one that used to pull carriages. Quite a lot smaller than the 16/17hh ones she's usually on!! It's a lovely friendly animal, and because it hasn't been allowed to before, loves to canter AMAZINGLY fast, and also loves jumping! The teacher said today that in the whole of this week, only Antoinette today, and one other senior member of staff have been able to get this horse into a proper canter! How chuffed were we?!! (When he canters, something weird happens with his legs and the front and back legs aren't in sync - disunited - so it's not easy to get a good canter going!). Antoinette controlled him perfectly over the jumps today too, which was lovely to see!
Tomorrow Antoinette has a showjumping competition. Her first ever was a few weeks ago, when she did one round, bottom hole. This time she's said she will do at least 2 - clear round and bottom hole, and may even go for a third if it's not raised too high! Her confidence with jumping Molly, her loan horse, has grown a lot since doing that first comp. so we're hoping all goes well tomorrow for her!
Evie has her lesson tomorrow, which, as she's only been learning for about 6 months, is always a bit of an event each week! She's growing in confidence every week though, and is cantering alone with no problems now!!
Am now off to do a LO for the UKScrappers Monthly House challenge before the tiredness sets in!!
Bernie x

No comments:

Post a Comment