Tuesday 29 June 2010

Hummie's World - Course 1, class 6H - Stroking a Border



As I knew about stroking borders of things already, I decided to do a simple LO and use some of the scrummy stash from Nini @ Suddenly Artistic! I used a mask and a couple of splatters. Then I stroked the edge of the b/g, contracting it a little so it's slightly in from the edge, not on the edge.
I tried to use the clear text technique but it didn't show up enough for my liking, so I had to duplicate the text layer, return it to normal blending mode, and then reduce the opacity until I had it light enough for what I wanted but dark enough to show up! It seemed that when I merge the layers for saving as a jpeg, the text went lighter. Most annoying!!
There was a good tip on the video about stroking elements to get the shape and then either using with the element, or make the element invisible/delete it and just keep the stroke! Could be useful!
TFL!
Bernie x

1 comment:

  1. This Might help you annoying merging problem. If You merge your layer with a blank layer before merging it to another layer it should stay the same. Basically you are locking the image before moving on to merging the layers.
    Hope that makes sense.

    ReplyDelete