Wednesday 9 June 2010

Creativity Boot Camp Day 4


Well today's prompt - Heavy Metal - really threw me! Stomped on my inspiration big time, LOL! All I kept thinking of was really contrived stuff!

I went out with my camera briefly in amongst my other commitments, anf got some lovely photos of the beach, flowers etc etc, but nothing really jumped out at me!

Then my 7 yr old daughter came home from school and told me their new RE topic was Christianity, and the teacher had asked them what you have to do to be a Christian.

This buzzed around in my head, as I thought that was quite a big question for a little kid!! Then I saw my crucifix when I got home, and the idea for this page came from all that!

A symbol a lot of us wear, but how many of us stop and think what it really means for us?! The way we act towards others... and ourselves for that matter...for example!

This little piece of metal is heavily-laden with meaning, implications, expectations, aspirations and much much more! Really heavy metal!!!

here ends the random interpretation of today's prompt, LOL!!!

if you're still with me and still awake, TFL!!!
Bernie x

1 comment:

  1. A really great take on Heavy Metal. It was difficult to think past the obvious wasn't it?

    ReplyDelete