Monday 11 January 2010

UKS House Challenge - January 2010


I bought one of Julie's kits (AKA Bits N Bobs) from AMI (AND it was on sale, so a complete bargain, LOL!), and was so inspired by the contents that I had to use it this evening despite feeling lousy with this cold! So I set to work on the UKScrappers January House Challenge! It was to scrap any habit(s) that we want to change for this year, and to use one photo.
The photo is one of friends walking in the park. I extracted the people and then lowered the opacity to give the image more of a wish/thought/dream feel - it's there to symbolise the things I might have more time for if I spread my CT work out and work TO deadlines rather than way in advance of them!!!
The LO looks pretty simple but it has LOADS of elements in there, some only just on the edge of the page, some with reduced opacity, which I hope gives this page depth. This kit was SO fantastic to work with, I had a great time! I was pleased to be able to extract the arrangement of grasses/flowers/bird on the right side from the sheet of paper it was on so I cuold layer it above the journalling block! I'm so pleased with this LO, and no matter how it does in the challenge, it's fed my creative urges for today in the making, LOL!
In case you'd like to grab this fantastically wondefully gorgeous kit for yourself, here's a link!!
Kit used: Opposites Attract by Bits n Bobs, available at Artistic Minds Inc.
TFL!
Bernie x

1 comment:

  1. Bernie this is fabulous hun thank you so much for emailing me the link you have made my kit look super special.
    LOVE LOVE LOVE the quotation LOL
    Wouldn't it be fab if it was something us CT'ers and designers could stick to ROFL
    Best of luck in your challenge babe.

    ReplyDelete