Monday 1 February 2010

UKScrappers February House Challenge LO



This LO has quite surprised me...it's a real labour of love, LOL! The challenge was to scrap something that rekindles your inner soul or something you love. I din't want to go down the obvious route of photos of the kids or DH, LOL, and so I ended up with tiny flashes of ideas running around in my head for hours this afternoon and evening! Once Evie was in bed, I sat on the pooter for a while, and started looking at some of the digi kits for sale for Haiti. It really amazed me how many are out there, and all the work that's gone into them, as most seem to be collabs. (that I've seen). Then I saw one masive collab kit that had the work of 56 designers inside. Just imagine! 56 people all submitting work and someone having to colate it all, out it in some kind of order! All the link checking and preview-making. And that's without the origianl art work of the designers!!!! Suddenly the tiny flashes formed into one BIG flash of inspiration!!!

I used 2 kits from Secret Garden Creations - Brighten Up and Redefined - which I purchased at Clean Line Graphics (where there also happens to be a sale on, so get over there FAST and pick up these gorgeous kits!!!!)

The photo is from amcatholic.files.wordpress.com.

I didn't want to use one of the photos available of individuals being pulled from rubble, so went for a more general photo that seemed to sum up what I was trying to say. Various people there, all pulling together to help fellow humans who were suffering. The few that are in the pic represent the whole world's peoples doing whatever we are able to help.

The quote I found seemed so appropriate and so true in this situation, I had to use it!

I used larger, 'spiky' stitching to illustrate the harshness of the situation; the little metal cube with a heart to show the love from round the world; and the little butterfly for hope.

Off to bed now! Thank goodness I managed to get this down on 'paper', as it was starting to annoy me those little flashes of ideas that won't stop until you've made something!!!

Nite!

Bernie x

No comments:

Post a Comment